Monday, July 11, 2011

Back in the Saddle

Or on the eliptical. You know what I mean.
It's amazing how easy it is to fall off the fitness train. Genuine reasons for skipping workouts develop into semi-resonable excuses, which then de-evolves into sitting on the couch eating pizza and watching summer programming all day. Which is the opposite of what should be happening, because being unemployed over the summer should mean a person is MORE active, not less. In theory, anyway. I however, have arrested my downward slide into sloth by going back to the gym. Initiated by my dad who wanted to join a gym, just walking back into Golds gave me a little motivation. I made an appointment with a trainer, and met with her on Thursday. Today, we talked about my nutrition (Pizza is off the menu). Shanae seems great, like she's not going to let me get away with much, which is what a certified happy fat girl like me needs. Someone to kick my butt when I start to slack off and make excuses. My previous trainer quit at a very delicate time (right before finals week) which is what started this whole downward spiral again.
The schedule is set and while daunting, it's nice to have a schedule. And the nutrition plan is laid out, which is depressing, because butter is not my friend anymore. :( While the fat girl is bemoaning the loss of all her fat girl staples, I think I can hear the faint voice of the fit girl calling out for an apple. I'm not sure, because I'm pretty sure my inner fat girl is sitting on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment